Woodland Park Smashes the Academy

Woodland Park Smashes the Academy

Jessica Burton, Reporter

Friday, October 4th, at the home of the Panthers, Woodland Parks’ football team had an amazing Homecoming game. With a dominating score of 34-0, Woodland Park High School Panthers triumphed against The Academy Wildcats. Enduring a temperature of 34 degrees and a wind chill of 9, our panthers pushed through and made an astonishing game to watch.  Junior, Dylan Schaller, had the first carry into the end zone, which gave the Panthers a lead of 7-0. As the game progressed, Schaller and Senior Josh Smith made two more touchdowns in the second quarter, giving Woodland a lead of 21-0. In the third quarter, sophomore, Cecil Cox, scored another touchdown. At 27-0, the Panthers had a dominating lead. Senior, Weston Shutts, made the winning touchdown in the fourth quarter.

The Panthers with 19 first downs, only allowed the Wildcats two first downs during the entire game. Woodlands’ defensive line did well. #20 Senior, Ronnie Simonson, made defensive player of the game. Smith had 13 carries with 147 yards making him the offensive player of the game. Shutts carried 13 with 105 yards, two solo tackles and one assisted, making him the overall player of the game. The Panther football team is now 5-2 in their overall season. Come out and see their next home game Friday, October 18 and help cheer them on to victory.