“Do not go gentle into that good night”

Lavana Uma, Reporter

A lot of things can be said about Levi Sarmiento, we all know him as the lovable, kind and caring student he is, however, there are many things beneath the surface and i’ve taken it upon myself to reveal the lesser known parts of this fantastic man.

I asked him what past influences and experiences have impacted him and made him the man he is today. He said a lot of it had to do with being a foster kid, his dad left almost as soon as he was born and his mom was with him for 3 years but struggled with drug abuse and addiction. So after she decided she couldn’t take care of him she put him into the foster system, he was one of the lucky ones to find a great and loving home, his new mom soon after adopted him and he’s had a permanent home ever since He says more specifically that his mom now is the biggest reason, she gave him a great foundation for his beliefs and morals to grow and build from. He was raised in a christian home and taught from a young age to treat everyone, no matter what, with respect. So now we know why levi is such a gentleman and stand up guy. 

I don’t want to just dig into levis personal life entirely, I also wanted to talk about his achievements and levi as a whole person. One of his recent achievements was his sources of strength party and presentation. He’s very active in school activities especially theater, he’s been in Shrek the musical, Mary Poppins junior, Little Shop of Horrors, Midsummers night dream, Annie, and My Fair Lady. He tries extremely hard in academics, it’s a rare sight to see him not working on something or thinking about something from school. He’s a very dedicated worker. He’s in AP physics 2, AP calculus AB, and AP calculus BC. That’s really impressive because most students that only have one AP class are under a lot of stress and struggle with balancing all of that work with their other classes. 

“He’s the hardest working person I’ve ever met in my entire life. He’s extremely loyal and it’s a privilege to get to know and see the real levi.” – Nicholai Vogel

“I’m sure he’s gonna do great things in the future, he’s gonna go places.” – Aramis Adcock

“I think it’s awesome how he’s able to communicate with all different types of people, it’s impressive how driven he is and all of the different things he does, like with sources of strength and drama\theater.”-David Graf

“Levi is a man to look up too, he’s a public figure for the whole school. Levi really puts in the work, he cares about the community and the people.” – Michael Colvin

“He’s a very talented man, and he’s just fantastic to talk to. Levi is a very fun person to work with, just from my theatrical experiences working with him. He’s very knowledgeable. He can draw on for a bit at times but even that is enjoyable.” Aiden Hoel