Super Bowl 53

Makayla Carrico, Reporter

The game we’ve all been waiting for, Super Bowl 53 and this year’s lucky teams are the AFC champions New England Patriots facing off against the NFC champions Los Angeles Rams. The Patriots looking for their sixth title and the Rams looking for their second championship. This battle is set to take place Sunday, February 3rd in Atlanta at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium with Maroon 5 set to perform during the halftime show.

If you haven’t already heard or educated yourself on facts about the this years game here is a five things you should know about this years Super Bowl LIII. First, with the game being played at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, home of the Falcons, this is the stadium’s first Super Bowl, but Atlanta’s third Super Bowl overall, second this game is a rematch of Super Bowl XXXVI(36) in 2002- Brady a first-year starting quarterback at the time led the Patriots on a game-winning drive over the Rams, third this will be the Patriot’s 11th Super Bowl appearance- the most in NFL history. If they win, the Patriots will break a tie with the Steelers for the most wins in playoff history (36) in addition to tying the Steelers for the most Super Bowl wins (6). As of now, they are tied with the Cowboys and 49ers with five Super Bowl championships. Fourth, with a win Rams head coach Sean McVay will become the youngest coach in NFL history to win a Super Bowl. Lastly this matchup is between the second-highest rated team by DVOA( the method of evaluating teams)  the Rams and the seventh-best team by DVOA the Patriots will be intriguing and one to remember, as we look ahead to next year’s Super Bowl.

There’s no doubt that this game is going to bring a lot of attention to the sport and to the surrounding area. With possible records to be tied or broke and history to-be-made this year’s Super Bowl is packed with excitement for all it’s viewers, even if your one who just watches to see the famous Super Bowl Commercials or if you’re actually cheering for a team, Super Bowl 53 is one for the books. After all the Super Bowl is America’s most watched sporting event with an average of 112.5 million viewers(listosaur.com). Going on to discuss the decline in ratings, “Forget all the talk about declining regular-season NFL ratings. Even with ratings down the past couple of seasons, the NFL still rules the TV world, and that’s especially true when it comes to postseason games.”

The above information about Super Bowl 53, including facts and statistics about this years game was gathered by cbssports.com.