• May 4Email us your questions at [email protected]

Don’t Dodge This Tournement

Isaac Schnierle, Writer

Do you have what it takes to dip, dive, duck, and dodge your way to the top? This year on Friday March 17th the annual dodgeball tournament will be held in the main gym, but also this year the middle school students will also have their tournament on Saturday. The dodgeball tournament is a substitute for a winter formal dance. Money raised from the middle school tournament is also used as a fundraiser for the junior class as well as student council. As well as live tweeting, and streaming the tournament, our journalism class will have our own team competing for the number one spot!  Teams will need 6 players each with $8 a person. As well as the money being put into the prize pool, the money raised is going to be put towards the senior prom. Last year, almost $600 was raised for the senior prom! The school officers, who are David Graf, Laurel Nard, and Cat Becker, help make this a flawless event. The tournament used to be only a junior class fundraiser for prom but has since changed to an all of stuco fundraiser, raising money for things like concessions,  next year’s homecoming, the senior tailgate party, senior gifts and decorations as well as student projects for stuco.

Each year, many students join forces with hopes to be an unstoppable team, and claim victory over all the others. With new students every year, the team names and costume designs become more and more intricate. Each year, the rivalries and allies heat up in the quest to be the number one dodgeball team of the year! This year is set to be an incredible tournament with more teams than ever before! With more and more students being active in sports, the demand for more players is increasing. The prize pool with more teams joining will only increase, creating a more competitive environment for everyone. The prizes usually consist of gift cards! The dodgeball tournament is a great event that not only raises quite a bit of money for the senior prom, but also brings the school together with friendly competition. To add to the fun of the tournament, Grant Williams will be DJing and announcing each team. This tournament is ramping up to be a great one this year! Every year gets better and better so we can only imagine how this year will turn out!