• May 4Email us your questions at [email protected]

Paying The Price For Console Gaming

Isaac Schnierle, writer

With the future of gaming right at our doorstep, which type of gaming machine is best? The rise of virtual reality has changed the gaming world forever, meaning gaming contraptions have to be more and more powerful to run these games, but at what cost? The top gaming consoles are both marketed at 399$ each, but if you incorporate paying for “free” online services and more expensive games, these costs easily add up to around $500-$700 fast! If you also add the fact that both consoles is outdated within a few years, those numbers just keep adding up! The Xbox one console came out in 2013, and the next generation of that console came out 2016. The best, and cheapest, way to game is PC gaming. Instead of buying a new PC every couple years, you can just upgrade the outdated parts, saving a ton of money in the long run. Instead of being limited to the hard drive that comes with it, or one of the small external hard drives, you can have a large  hard drive inside the case. Whether it be 100gb or 5 terabytes, the possibilities are endless. With little technical knowledge, you can easily swap out parts inside your pc in less than an hour and be up and running again very quickly. Instead of having to buy a console with all the same specs as every other console, you can build a pc from scratch with any the specs you need, whether it be for casual gaming or 4k VR gaming. Consoles usually run most games at a locked 30 frames per second to reduce lag with higher FPS. On the other hand, with normal gaming computers, games run at 200-300 FPS easily, with easy to modify locked frame rates.
With pc gaming on the rise, there are many  new graphics cards, processors, and  motherboards coming out. Companies take those products and modify them and make them more readily available as well as cheaper. The newest and most innovative GPU or graphics card which is more commonly known, is the GTX 1050 ti which is a new budget GPU retailing at 139$ which matches the power of the GTX 960, with the lowest price being 249$, making the GTX 1050 ti a much better gaming, and the economical choice. The GeForce GTX 1050 ti supports up to 3 monitors at a maximum refresh rate of 240Hz and a maximum digital display resolution of 7680 x 4320 (8K UHD). That is a crazy quality to be able to play your favorite games in, and with better and better monitors available, the limits at which you can play your games at is breathtaking! As well as the user’s ability to use their favorite controller from most systems to use on the PC, they can play however they want with no restrictions. PC gaming is on the rise, and the innovative products and ways to game will bring PC gaming to the forefront of video gaming forever.