What People Around WPHS are Grateful for and its Importance

Ava Schmidt, Reporter

This year, Thanksgiving is going to be like no other! Because of that, I wanted to spread some positivity and see what people around WPHS are thankful for.

• Lexy Curran – “Having people to talk to when I need it and my dogs.”
  • Brelynn Barnes – “I am thankful for my health and how I have stayed healthy throughout this pandemic. I am also thankful for support from my mom and friends while going through mentally tough times since March.”
  • Kaybrie Geil – “I’m thankful for my home and my family, friends, and my boyfriend. I am thankful for having different opportunities to have the choice of taking in my life and I am thankful for myself and how good I’m getting at learning how to control myself.”
  • Jenny O’Shea – “I’m really thankful for my friends, family, my dog, and I’m also thankful that it is almost Christmas!”
  • Mrs. Schmidt – “I am thankful for my family!”
  • Mrs. Sobczak – She is thankful for having a house, a steady job, and her students. She is grateful that her family has stayed safe and healthy.
  • Zach Theobald – He is thankful for his family!’

This year, I am thankful for my dogs, family, and friends. It’s so important to be grateful, especially this year. Showing people that you care about them and just taking a moment to be grateful for what you have can go a long way. Taking time to recognize all the good in your life can actually have psychological benefits on your health since it promotes a positive mindset and can reduce levels of anxiety and stress. It can even have effects on your physical health too, being grateful (on a daily basis) can improve the quality of sleep, heart health, and immune function. But aside from all of the nerdy things, being grateful can have major impacts on people around you. Just taking the time to say something along the lines of “Hey, I’m grateful for you” or “I’m really glad I’m you’re my friend” can make a huge difference in that person’s life. It can be compared to giving someone a compliment- whether it’s someone you know or not, it can really improve that person’s day and have lasting effects. So when you’re at the Thanksgiving table, eating with your family, or even just hanging out with your friends, take a moment to show them that you care… it’ll mean more than you think. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and stays safe!!