Summer Concerts

Jenna Brink, Reporter

As summer is on its way, many students are eager to get out of school, but still ask themselves what they can do over summer. I think we can all agree that a majority of the students attending Woodland Park High School would say that there isn’t much to do in this small town. That can be argued, but shouldn’t be the one reason to take anything from your summer. There are plenty of things to do during the summer, places to eat, people to meet, and tons of artist coming to Colorado. Although it may be a drive, tons of singers will be passing through Colorado this summer while they are on tour.

Shawn Mendes –

This American Music Award winner actually got his start on vine, at the age of 15, he uploaded covers onto his account. A year later, his single ‘Life of the Party’ came out, and shocked everyone. From there his career has only continued to grow. He has traveled all over to perform, and will make his way to the Pepsi Center in Denver on July 2nd. He has won tons of awards over the years, and when winning his American Music Award, he beat some of his inspirations, Ed Sheeran and Bruno Mars. His tickets go anywhere from $59 to $439, mark your calendars.

Khalid –

April 5th may have been like any normal day, but for Khalid he not only released his sophomore album, ‘Free Spirit’, but also started to sell tickets to his tour. Two days before, a short film also called ‘Free Spirit’ was released, the film would only be in theatres for one night. After the film, people would get to listen to the album before it released. Khalid will be coming to Denver on the 12th of July. His ticket prices ranges from $70 to $165. While purchasing any tickets to his concerts, every seat comes with a free digital album of ‘Free Spirit’.

Ariana Grande –

This Grammy award winner, and three time American Music Awards winner will be making her way to Colorado on the 11th of July to perform at the Pepsi Center. Her cheapest tickets will cost you $134 per seat, if you don’t want to be so far from the stage, you can look into floor tickets. Unfortunately, these tickets may leave a dent in your wallet costing $742. On the bright side, when cost for her tickets in Denver are compared to her L.A show, seat tickets right by the stage cost $163 more at a price of $905. Ariana continues to top charts left and right, it doesn’t seem like she will be slowing down anytime soon.

Billie Eilish –

This 17 year old breakout star will make her way to Red Rocks on the fifth of June this summer. The general admission tickets are priced at $250, and 30 reserved tickets remain at the price of $496. Her album, ‘When We All Fall Asleep Where Do We Go’ came out on the 29th of March, and just a few weeks later, her album continues to soar. On Billboard’s ‘Top 200 Albums’ chart, the ocean eyes singer’s album is at the number one spot for the week of May 4th, and has been on the chart for four weeks. Many think Billie will add to her collection of assorted awards, and may take a Grammy home very soon. I think it is safe to say 2019 might just be Billie’s year.