Ask Kola: Relationships and Bathrooms

Kola Crafts, Reporter

This is an advice column based from The Panther Perspective. I will tell you a little about me so you don’t think you’re asking a random person questions. My name is Kola, I am a senior and I am 18 years of age. I have done an advice column before on a blog. I do have a lot of good advice to give and I never mind sharing it. You can send in any question as long as it’s appropriate and real questions.

Dear Kola,

I’ve run into a road block. I’m not thankful enough. I’m rude to the most important people in my life. And I don’t realize it until after I’ve said what I said. Help me be a better me.

~Sincerely Me

Sincerely Me,

You are not alone. I as well as many other people have been in this boat before. It is so easy to lash out at someone who you know cares because you know that they will still love you no matter what. Now when it comes to helping you be a better you, I can only give you advice on how to realize what you’re doing. From there it is up to you to fix it.

One way to notice what you’re doing is to think before you speak. It’s hard, believe me I know. But it is one of the smartest ways to do it. Another way is to watch their reaction. Watch the person’s eyes and mouth. It is weird but it will work. Also watch their body language. Doing that will help you see the effect you have on that person.

~Kola

______________________________________________________________________________

Dear Kola,

How do you trust someone who has already broken your trust?

~Tom Miller

Dear Tom,

This is a very tricky question. Let me be straight with you. You can’t. If they have broken your trust already then there is a 90% chance they will do it again. It mostly depends on how they broke it the first time. But if you are questioning everything they do, if you are searching for help from other people, then I think the relationship is done. You cannot have a strong healthy relationship without trust. It took me a while to realize that once someone has done something wrong to hurt you, they will do it again. If you trust them again or continue to trust them you will get hurt. Your best option is to leave a negative situation and help yourself first.

~Kola

Song: Apologize-One Republic

Dear Kola,

One problem I , and possibly others share, is the cleanliness of the female bathrooms. As of late, rather heinous scenes have been found. In one incident squished fruit all over the floors, and other unnamable resources were smeared on the stall walls. There should be a way to somehow stop these disgusting acts, or else I fear using them from now on.

~Penelope

Dear Penelope,

I completely agree with you. One way to do something is to find a janitor or go straight to the front office to deal with it. There is no excuse why the bathrooms should look the way they do. The only advice I can give you is as soon as you see it, take it to someone who can fix it. We should not have to deal with that.

~Kola